Ductless air conditioning systems are popular among the residents and one of their top choices regarding AC system installation. Ductless mini-splits are a great option if you are tired of managing the duct system in your residence.
Ductless AC units provide a new and advanced way of providing comfort in the household during the summer season. However, it is essential to know about every aspect of the HVAC system. After all, it is an investment. You cannot invest just because everyone recommends it and not conduct your research about it.
1. What Is A Ductless AC Unit?
A ductless air conditioning system is preferred by everyone as it does not use a duct system to transport the air in the interiors to lower the room temperature. Ductless AC units like Mitusbishi ductless AC units focus on cooling a specific zone or room in your residence at a time rather than the entire residence.
2. How Does A Ductless Air Conditioning System Lower The Room Temperature?
A ductless air conditioning assembly has an outdoor and indoor unit like all air conditioning systems. A set of refrigeration lines connects the two units through a small hole in the wall. The indoor unit is installed on the wall and consists of an evaporator coil and expansion wall that blows the cool air directly into your room.
An outdoor unit is installed outside of the home but near the indoor AC unit. The outdoor AC unit consists of condenser coils and a compressor that helps process the refrigerant.
3. What Are The Advantages Of Investing In Ductless Mini-Splits?
You get ample benefits by installing a Mitsubishi split AC unit in your home:
- Energy-efficient units: Ductless mini-splits are a highly energy-efficient system, as their SEER ratings are between 20 – 30. Moreover, duct systems are responsible for over 30% of energy loss. So, you can see a hike in your electricity bill if the ducts are unmaintained. In ductless AC units, the energy bills remain at normal levels with annual maintenance.
- Small and flexible: Another essential feature that makes them preferable over other air conditioning systems is that they can be installed anywhere. They do not require much space to work perfectly and can cool down small spaces efficiently. Moreover, the outdoor unit is installed on the house’s exterior, meaning you can efficiently use your attic space for another purpose.
- Easy to maintain and install: Ductless AC systems are a little expensive but easier and cheaper to install than any other air conditioning system. According to experts, the Mitsubishi ductless AC units can be installed in 2-2 hours, depending on the number of indoor air handlers installed in different rooms.
4. Does Every Room Need A Ductless AC System?
In short and simple words – yes. However, it does not necessarily mean you need to install an indoor unit in every room. You can connect up to four indoor air handlers to an outdoor unit. You can ask the technician to install it in the rooms where you need comfort from extreme temperatures.
Dr. Ductless Heating and Cooling technicians are here if you have any more queries regarding Mitsubishi split AC units. If you have doubts about installing and investing in ductless AC units this summer, we will solve your doubts! Call (844) 522-6777, and feel free to ask your doubts!