The most common question homeowners have about their mini-split air filters is how often they should replace them. Here are some more accurate ways to decide when to change your Bosch mini-split air filter in Lawndale, CA.
What Is An Air Filter?
An air filter, also known as a furnace filter, removes dust and other contaminants from indoor air. These contaminants include pollen, spores, pet dander, and mold. Some air filters are permanent, while others are designed to be disposable. Having clean filters is essential to maintaining optimal indoor air quality (IAQ).
Why Do We Need An Air Filter?
Most people don’t realize how bad air quality can be for their health until it’s too late. If your HVAC unit has a built-in air filter, change it often. The only thing more important than clean air is fresh air.
What Are The Signs It's Time To Replace My Air Filter?
A dirty air filter doesn’t just affect performance; it also makes your heating and cooling system work harder. If you have a ductless mini-split, check your air filter regularly and replace it according to manufacturer instructions.
Here are some signs that might indicate it is time to replace your filter.
- There is a constant humming sound from your unit when operating at total capacity. It is often an indication that something is wrong with your filter or that debris has built up around its edges. In most cases, a loud humming noise will go away once you remove and clean (or replace) your old filter.
- You notice that your HVAC system isn’t performing as well as usual. Dust and dirt can clog up your vents, making it difficult for warm or cool air to get where it needs to go.
- You may notice that one room seems colder than others or that certain rooms never seem to reach their desired temperature level no matter how long you run your HVAC unit.
- You notice a musty smell coming from inside your house, even after running your HVAC unit all day long.
Common Mistakes People Make When Trying To Change Their Filters.
People make a few common mistakes when changing their air filters. Mini-split air filters are meant to last 12 months. Maintaining them will better indoor air quality and keep your mini-split functioning as efficiently as possible.
Another common mistake is changing an HVAC filter with another system. You should stick with an OEM filter replacement because doing so helps ensure everything functions correctly.
What Are The Steps Involved In Replacing My Air Filter?
Replacing your air filter is an important step that you should not ignore. When you change your air filter, be sure to follow these steps:
- Remember to unplug the AC.
- Find your air filter.
- Wash it with soap and water.
- Install a new air filter.
- Plug in or turn on your unit.
Hire a professional help in maintaining your bosch mini-split in Lawndale, CA, and your bosch ductless mini-split in Los Angeles. You can find quality HVAC contractors at Dr Ductless. Call or Text Us: at (833) 498-4400 if you have any questions or concerns.