Have you thought of a mini-split AC installation in Lawndale, CA? There are various reasons why some homes are opting for ductless heating and cooling systems these days. We’ll take a closer look at the benefits and drawbacks of ductless heating and cooling to help you decide if it’s perfect for your house.
What Exactly Is A Ductless System?
Mini-split systems, often known as ductless AC units, include three major components: an internal unit, an external unit, and remote control. A ductless heating and cooling system does not use traditional ductwork and instead implements individual units for each room within a house where heating and cooling are wanted.
- Helps You Save Money: Ductless HVAC systems are incredibly energy-efficient. They can heat and cool houses for a fraction of the price of traditional heating and cooling systems. Energy Star-rated ductless units utilize 60% less energy than traditional electric heating systems, according to the US Energy Department. You can save money on your power bills by becoming ductless.
- Improves Energy Efficiency: Ductless heating and cooling systems use far less energy than typical systems. One unique benefit of adopting ductless is that you may turn off units in rooms that aren’t in use, lowering your energy consumption and expenses. Furthermore, the units consume less energy overall. It is because, unlike typical units, they utilize adjustable-speed compressors rather than a one-or two-speed compressor.
- Enhances Indoor Air Quality: Pollutants such as dust, grime, mold, and pet dander build up in your air ducts. These factors can significantly impact the quality of your indoor air. It is not an issue with a ductless HVAC unit. Your ductless system does not rely on ductwork to function. You can have a cleaner house, free of toxins and germs, with a ductless unit.
- Occupies Less Space: They’re not only easier to set up than typical HVAC units, but they’re also more versatile in terms of placement. Ductless units are more visually beautiful and may be installed on the wall, so you won’t have to move furniture to make way for them. It offers you the freedom to arrange your units wherever you like. Because there is no intrusive ducting to be seen with these units, you may keep your home’s original look.
- It Can Be Costly: Perhaps the most significant disadvantage of ductless air conditioners is their high price. They are costlier than window air conditioners in terms of cost per unit. Because numerous ductless air conditioners are necessary to cool a home, ductless air conditioners are often more costly than central air conditioners.
- Increased Upkeep: The air exchangers’ filters must be removed and cleaned every month to ensure proper operation. This routine service may need to be conducted more frequently in houses with pets or smokers.
- Appearance: Indoor air exchangers are quite large and noticeable. They are normally installed high on the wall, where they can be seen, and because their purpose is to circulate air, they must not be obstructed. Ceiling-mounted devices are less distracting to the eye.
- The Heating Capacity is Limited: The mini-split heat pump’s ability to extract heat from cold air is restricted. A ductless heater may not be enough to keep you warm in areas where the weather drops below freezing regularly.
A Step In The Right Direction
If you’d like to learn more about ductless AC in Lawndale and whether it’s perfect for you, get in touch with the experts at Dr. Ductless Heating & Cooling. We’re here to assist you with all your cooling and heating requirements. Since 2001, we’ve been providing excellent comfort and quality. Please call us at (844) 522-6777 or fill out our online form so our staff members can contact you as soon as possible.