During the summer you want your air conditioning unit to function to its full potential. However, even the most expensive air conditioning systems can fail. Air conditioner maintenance is essential to ensure that your system runs smoothly and has a long life.
However, before spending money on expensive air conditioner repairs or replacements, try inspecting the problem first. Condensers are an important part of refrigeration as they extract heat from the air by condensing the refrigerant. This coil collects dust and dirt during operation, reducing the device’s ability to perform its functions for an extended period. Dirty air conditioner condenser coils can cause a variety of problems.
1. Symptoms Of A Dirty Condenser
- Lower cooling than usual: If your air conditioner is not delivering as much cool air as it used to, the condenser might be dirty. Dirt and grime in condensers severely impair their ability to dissipate heat. The air conditioner isn’t cooling the room like it used to. If you notice a decline in cooling performance, the condenser may be dirty. For any ductless AC installation in Los Angeles, you can seek our service, and we will guide you through the installation process.
- Frequent and expensive repairs: If your device needs to be repaired frequently, we recommend checking the coil. The extra stress that a dirty condenser coil puts on your air conditioner increases the likelihood of system failure and costly repairs.
- Your AC starts leaking regularly: Leakage from a condenser and its coils can be difficult to detect and may cause problems for the entire system. Condenser coils transport refrigerant and extracts heat from the air. Even minor damage from dirt or deposits can cause leaks. A leak in the condenser will reduce the refrigerant level and further reduce the air cooling capacity of the system.
- Frost developing on the coil: If the condenser coil is dirty, the AC may not function. It is caused by condensation and freezing while the air conditioner is running.
- Reduction in energy efficiency: One of the symptoms of a dirty condenser is that your electricity bill will be significantly higher than normal. A dirty condenser coil affects your air conditioner by reducing the unit’s overall efficiency. If the condenser coil is dirty or clogged, the system will have to do more work to achieve the same level of cooling.
2. How Can You Treat The Problem?
One proven way to prolong the life of your air conditioning unit is to perform regular maintenance on it. It’s also very effective in getting the most out of your cooling system. Air conditioner condenser coils can be difficult to reach, so it’s a good idea to have them professionally cleaned. It will also determine if additional maintenance needs to be performed.
Condenser safety and cleanliness are essential to the overall efficiency of your air conditioner. The best way to ensure that your condenser is clean is to check your air conditioning unit once a year.
For additional questions regarding cleaning solutions for dirty condenser coils of Ductless AC in Los Angeles, contact Dr. Ductless Heating & Cooling. Contact us or visit our website for AC installation and other HVAC-related services and environments.